I could really use a thesis carrel for this class...
- So many books! I came to the realization that if I don't take the book in question out of the library, I'll never look at it again, since I'll have to put in all of the effort to find it again. So I checked a bunch of books out. My arms are starting to hurt. I'll be happy to lend a few of them out, as long as I get what I need out of them too (and that they don't get lost or returned late).
- I'm really going to need to figure out a "research spot" since I have so many books and eventually will have enough paper sources to wallpaper my room. Too bad that's a fire hazard. I have no idea where all of my paper is going to go.
- I definitely need more time working on articles. I'm still working on my narrowing-down skills. Going through the Wellesley catalog alone was a pain, despite my exclusion of dissertations, language selection, subject selection, and other things. Any interesting articles, anyone?
- I'm learning how to use Zotero, but it's still a bit wonky. I'm not entirely sure how the citation aspect works, since it keeps asking me silly questions. I think it's aimed towards compiling articles and online sources more than paper ones. I'm sure it'll get easier.
- The realization that adding chocolate soy milk to hot chocolate is delicious. Tea is also a good choice, but that is not a realization, that is a fact.
I have no suggestions regarding papers or book organizing (I have the same problem, and in despair have simply resorted to piling everything hopefully in strategic piles), but amen to the yummy drinks! Sometimes a good cup of tea will last me straight through an article-browsing session.
ReplyDeleteI have a George Eliot section in my bookshelf in my room. It's right next to the food.
Delete